------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am beyond thrilled that you found me & my little blog. If you are new or you haven't subscribed to my mailing list, you may want to do that by putting your email address on the top right corner of this page above my photo, or you may also follow me on any social media you like by clicking on any of the social icons beside my photo, so that you will never miss any of my posts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Personalized Storage Box {fabric-covered crate}

***Update: I have attached a bookplate labels on these crates.***
Hello my friends!  I hope you're keeping yourself warm in your side of the world.  Mid-West is freezing cold'a!  I could buy a portable heater that is wearable - maybe some kind of heater bracelet! jk! if that is actually available in the market!!

Since I cannot do much outside, I focused on the inside.  Number 2 on my 2014 goals is to organize our master closet.  

One of the things that I've seen around while looking for inspiration is the use of decorative storage boxes for added storage.  

Today, I will be sharing with you the personalized storage boxes that I made out of plastic crates.
It all started with this green plastic crate that I can really use just as is as added storage in our masters closet - but where's the fun in that?!
If you are interested how I did this, see illustrated photo below.  The only thing not shown here is when I ironed the fabric before adhering it to the crate.
Here's a look at the inside after adhering the fabric around.
And because I will be using this as additional storage in the master closet, I decided to put a foam board at the bottom of the box to contain whatever I put inside or without worrying for the contents to fall out through the bottom holes of the crate.
These personalized storage boxes will most likely go on the very top shelf and should look like this.
I cannot wait to make use of this personalized storage boxes!!

Would you try this? Or you're totally buying.  Let's hear what you think.
Facebook //  Twitter // Bloglovin // G+ // Pinterest // GFC
Linking this post to:

10 comments:

  1. It looks way prettier with the fabric! nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks rosey, i really like how it turned out...i have 3 more crates to go!

      huggies♥ thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the idea Rea. It looks like a really easy project and doesn't require any sewing (my waterloo). I can't wait to make some soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome rozelyn, i just finished two more of this storage boxes! will be using it on my master closet...you should send me a photo of your version at homefor4sweethome@gmail.com

      huggies♥
      rea

      Delete
  3. these storage boxes are amazing, thanks for linking up To my Party Your co host Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks for hosting such a great party maria♥

      Delete
  4. Great Idea!!

    I Co hosted last week's Fluster's Creative Muster Party! Thanks for linking up!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how fun debbie! I actually added you to my g+♥

      Delete
  5. Great Idea !2@!

    Can u Tell me about Personalized Storage Boxes ? i wanna more inf.. Best Plastic Storage Containers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. Your Giving information is very helpful and useful too..........
    i've some Plastic Storage Crates & i''l try to make them beautiful & attractive through your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to leave homefor4sweethome a comment.
I read them all.

huggies♥
rea

Blogging tips
P Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...